Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lot's-O-Dragons

Here are some dragon designs for a 2D animated short I'm going to start here soon. The story is about an aristocrat who's constantly being beat in competitions by his neighbor. A dog show is coming up, so our hero decides to order a pampered pooch in an effort to finally beat his next door nemesis. Instead, he gets a baby dragon.
This first set of sketches here are explorations on different head shapes and attitudes.
This guy was my final for a while until...
this guy showed up. Thanks to my dear friend Anthony Holden for tips on making his grin more mischievous.

More to come!

8 comments:

Chelsea Stebar said...

I think some of your images are broken. AND I WANNA SEE THEM. :C

But the ones I can see are awesome. I'm diggin the colors you threw on there. And you really are amazingly good at injecting personality into your characters. These are so quirky and adorable.

Aaron Ludwig said...

Super awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Stephanie Marshall said...

OMG! these are super fun! I'm diggin' the latest design and the colors on the explorations. looks like Ryan's class is paying off.

JAKE WYATT said...

Such fun places to go with dragons!!! Great design ideas!

Unknown said...

Love!

Anthony Holden said...

These are great, Claire! And, don't thank me, thank Charles Martin Jones for those devious grins.

Jeremy Thompson said...

This makes me want a pet dragon. Well, ok, I ALWAYS want a pet dragon, but this just makes me realize how much I actually do want a dragon. They're pretty awesome.

M.R. Weaver said...

DWAGINS.
c:

I approve.